Friends Book Sale Donation Guidelines
Friends of Amherst Public Library Used Book Sales
Spring sale: April 27 and 28, 2019 Fall sale: October 16 and 17, 2019
Location: Library Conference Room Time: Library hours
Book Sale Donation Guidelines
The Friends of Amherst Library thank you for your donations of quality books and media to our spring and fall used book sales. Donated materials play an important role in the success of the sale. Proceeds from these sales are used to donate funds to the Amherst Public Library to help support programming and the library-sponsored book clubs.
The Friends group is a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable organization. Donations of books and media to the Friends organization are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law.
- Gently used fiction and non-fiction hardcover and paperback books, including children’s and young adult books
- Commercially published media, e.g. DVDs, CDs (audiobooks and music)
- Gently used puzzles and games
Materials not accepted
- Computer books older than two-years old
- Test prep’ books older than two-years old
- Health or medical books older than two-years old
- National Geographic and other magazines
- VHS recordings
- Damaged, soiled, or musty materials
Why is this necessary?
- If materials have been stored in boxes or bags in a garage, attic or storage facility, they may be affected by mold, dirt, insects, or animal residue
- Unacceptable donations must be discarded at the library’s expense
- The Friends reserve the right to refuse donations that do not meet the criteria
Procedure for donating
- Do not place donated items in the book drop
- Bring items in non-returnable boxes or bags marked “Friends” to the circulation desk
- Carts are available from the circulation desk to help bring items from the parking lot
- Staff cannot and should not be asked to help bring materials into the library
- Circulation staff will show you were to leave donations
Thank you for supporting The Friends of Amherst Library.